Invitation

Guest List:
1. Bob Woodward: I am inviting Bob Woodward because I think he offers a unique perspective and I anticipate that he has an endless amount of questions to ask those who were involved with Watergate.
2. Carl Bernstein: Similar to Bob, Carl Bernstein is invited because he and Bob wrote a book also titles, All the President's Men, and I think he will give the lock-in an interesting perspective because he originally wanted on the story and basically stole it from Bob when rewrote Bob's pages at the beginning of the investigation.
3. Richard Nixon: I invited Richard Nixon because I think that he would offer his own perspective on the scandal and his attempts to cover it up despite what he told the media at the time. I wonder if he has any regrets or things that he would have done differently, I anticipate him to have many questions to answer from the rest of the invitees.
4. Mark Felt: Mark Felt is the mystery man known as "Deep Throat" for 33 years. At the time, Mr. Felt was a high-ranking FBI official who is also known as a whistleblower for helping Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein in their investigation into Watergate. I expect that President Nixon would want to discuss his side of the story and vice-versa. I anticipate that Carl and Bob would want to thank Mr. Felt for being a crucial element in their discovery fo the truth behind the Watergate scandal.
5. Robert Redford: Robert Redford is the man who bought the rights to All the President's Men in order to make the book into a movie. He also played the role of Bob Woodward in the movie. I think that he would be very interested in meeting Bob Woodward himself and they would enjoy talking about how Redford was able to play his role and better understand how his role could've been better.
6. Alan J. Pakula: I would invite Alan Pakula, the director of "All the President's Men," to the break-in so that he could talk to both Bob and Carl in person and understand how he could have made his movie better, I also think that he would appreciate the unique perspectives that Bob, Carl, and Nixon bring into the story. In addition, I think that it is interesting how Nixon does not show up once in the movie and I believe that President Nixon would have a unique point of view in regards to that.
7. Stanley Kutler: Stanley Kutler is an American historian who wrote The Wars of Watergate. In addition, he was the one who got Nixon's secret tape recordings released. I believe that him and President Nixon would like to speak to each other. I also think that Mr. Kutler would want to talk with Carl and Bob about their book and discuss their thought process in learning the truth about Watergate and writing their book.
8. Frank Wills: Frank Wills is the last person I would invite because he was the security guard who found the taped over lock in the Watergate Complex on June 1, 1972. In addition, Mr. Wills played himself in "All the President's Men" and I think that he would have bring a unique perspective to the lock-in because he is the only guest who was both an individual involved with the discovery of the break-in and an actor in the movie.

Comments